Christmas Marketing Email Tips
Using Christmas Emails to Your Advantage
Sending bulk emails to subscribers has always been a relatively low cost and minimal effort activity. It's a great way to get your business' offerings in front of customers, reminding them that they do have the option to purchase gifts from you. The trick is to get your email noticed, read and acted upon by the people you are sending the emails to. In this article, we'll share a few tips on how to increase the success of your Christmas email marketing efforts.
Email Marketing Tips for Christmas Promotions
Inboxes begin filling up around November and December as businesses start promoting themselves in order to gain the Christmas dollar. For many businesses, the sales they make at this time help with cashflow throughout the year. This makes achieving high sale volumes essential. To help you achieve this, we've put together a collection of seasonal email marketing tips to consider:
- keep things simple - it's a busy time of the year and people don't have time to read long emails. Keep your emails short and sweet, making sure your offer is very clear.
- craft a great subject line - without one, people are unlikely to open an email. Take a read of our article, Best Newsletter Email Subject Lines & How to Write Them for help on doing so.
- be seasonal - whether it is adding a Christmas graphic to your header or logo, ensure your email reflects the time of the year.
- use bold hyperlinks - hyperlinks within an email let readers click and be taken directly to another place, and in this case it is your website. Make sure that your hyperlinks are highly noticeable so people can find them to click upon.
- use calls to action - make sure you specifically tell your readers what to do next, be it click on a specific link or share your newsletter with a friend. Our article Beginners Guide to Using Calls to Action details more on how to do this.
- offer a sweetener - money is often short at this time of year. Give your readers an enticement to shop with you, be it a discount, free shipping or a gift for them.
You can also share parts of your newsletter through social media. Take a read of the article Social Media Christmas Marketing Ideas for more great tips on raising sales over the holiday period.
Posted: Monday 4 November 2019