For instructions on configuring your email, refer to the setup instructions inside our CMS, under "Domains and Email", then click the Email @ symbol, then the mailbox in question to view step by step setup instructions. You can configure your iphone, or other mobile phone, notebook, desktop etc to all read the same inbox.
Webmail and IMAP clients will read only the emails in your inbox. They will not have access to the full history stored on your computer. They do not store your outgoing emails. Although there might be a desire to use webmail long term, please be aware that we have storage limits, and therefore webmail is designed to only be used for a few weeks at a time, with your primary email storage being on your computer or own exchange server. If you require a more powerful webmail service, we suggest you change to using google apps.
Squirrel Mail Login
Horde Mail Login
Google Apps Mail Login
You can login to Gmail or Google Apps email via their main login page. Just enter your whole email address.
Manage your email more effectively with a google apps
email account. Google Apps includes webmail, but also integrates with your mobile phone, desktop email, calendar and more. It is compatible with several staff, and using Google Apps does not effect your hosting plan.
Some other Tips
When you are away from the office or home, and want to check your email, here are some issues to consider.
- When using outlook or other email clients from your notebook computer, the correct SMTP server might be different depending on the network you connect to. If your computer cannot connect to the "outgoing mail server", and we are your email provider, then change your SMTP server to smtp.cms-tool.net, and tick "use the same username and password as my incoming mail server". Learn more
- When using our webmail service, you will only be able to see "new email", and not mail that was previously downloaded to your home/office computer. If you really require that history, you should consider moving to gmail/yahoo/hotmail type services as a permanent solution.
- We offer 2 webmail services. Squirel and Horde. We think Squirel is best, but either is ok. You can read the same inbox on both services, but contact lists are not shared.
- The username for our webmail service is your "whole email address". You cannot use forwarded email addresses, only mail box email addresses.
- Your password is as per our original instructions to you. You can change your password via our CMS, under domains, then select your domain, then email settings, then click on the email address in question. Note if you change your password, you will need to reconfigure your office computer when you get back to work.
- There is a limit to the size of our mailboxes. We suggest you delete any spam or emails with large attachements that you don't really need to keep.
- If you want to setup an auto responder, you can do that via the CMS. under domains, then email.
Instructions For Configuring Your Email
Incoming Mail Server: pop3.cms-tool.net
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.cms-tool.net
Username: [your whole email address including everything after the @, it is not neccessarily the same as your CMS login]
Password: [you can reset this inside the CMS, it is not the same as your CMS login password.]
Outgoing mail server needs to be authenticated, using same settings as incoming mail server.
Do not use SSL, we don't have a valid certificate on the mail server... Or ignore any security warnings if you did tick SSL.
Outgoing Mail Server Port: 25 (or 465)
Incoming Mail Server Port: 995