Unique Visits - How many times did they collectively visit? eg perhaps some people visit more than once per month.
Pages - How many pages did everyone collectively look at?
Countries - Where are your visitors coming from?
Incoming Links - Which websites are linking to you? Search Engines - Which search engines are giving you traffic?
Robots - How often are the search engines checking your website for new content?
Duration - How long are people staying on your website? This is a good indication of the quality of your home page... Aim for 60% or less leaving within 30 seconds. 40% staying longer than 30 seconds is good.
Keywords and Key phrases - What keywords are working for you? You might find this very interesting, and not what you expected.
AWStats is one of the many tools we provide users of our free website builder. You can access the data AWStats records about your website traffic by logging into the CMS and selecting the SEO button, and then the Website Statistics (AWStats) option.
Once you click upon the Website Statistics button, you have access to all of the information collected by AWStats about your website.
Within an AWStats report, you will find different sections which focus on specific information. Here are the main sections, together with a short explanation of what you can use that specific data for:
The summary information lets you see an overview of the current report period for a specific time. This includes details about unique visitor numbers, number of visits, pages views, hits and bandwidth used.
Monthly history report on AWStats shows you how your traffic changes from month to month. This can be used to track seasonal variations, advertisements, social media campaigns and SEO improvements.
This section shows you how many visits and pages visited during an entire month. This lets you see which days get the most traffic on your website throughout the month, which can help you plan when to publish new content or offer promotions.
The file type results show you the types of files visitors request through their use of or clicking within your website. This information can be useful at knowing which types of files to include more or less of within your website.
The downloads area shows you data on which downloads requested by visitors to your site and how often they were downloaded (only if you have downloads uploaded to the CMS). This is useful at helping you decide which downloads to create and publish more of for your website visitors.
The AWStats operating systems data shows you what operating systems people are using when they visit your website. This could help if you are targeting specific users of these systems.
Details of which browsers visitors use and how often they are used are displayed within this section. This is useful if you want to target specific browser users.
Posted: Wednesday 15 January 2020