Website World is currently offering free website hosting for high school and university students who create a website for the following reasons:
- an academic related project
- a student portfolio or CV
- a commercial enterprise (Exclusions apply)
Build your website for free with our free themes, free website builder.
Add eCommerce features to your website, to sell online.
Host your website for free for up to 1 year!
To get started
start building your website
- Continue to build your website on our free trial
- You will need a domain name for your website. Most personalised domain names cost $29+gst per year. Or ask us for a free domain, ending with a suffix like ".business.net.nz"
- Contact our support team via email to make your website live. You should contact us from an obvious student email address, or otherwise provide a copy of your student ID.
- We will make your website live, and provide an SSL secure certificate within 1 business day.
- Renew your free hosting application if you continue with your studies for another year.
Free Website Offer Exclusions
- This offer is for students only, and cannot be extended to friends/family.
- Your business must be wholy owned by students.
- Your business cannot have any paid staff other than yourself, and other student team members.
- Student hosting plans include free email forwarding, but will not include hosted mailboxes.
- Other offers we run such as "free website migrations" or "free professional design" are not available for student websites. Such promotions are intended for paid hosting customers.
- Full time students only can apply for free hosting for a commercial enterprise for profit. Part time students can only apply for academic related projects.
- Any highly successful businesses, that exceeds the limits of the free student hosting plan, will need to change to a paid hosting plan.
- Maximum 3000 website visitors per month
- Maximum 30 ecommerce orders per month
- Maximum $30,000 turnover per annum
- Other limits as per our Starter SSL plan.
- This offer is for using our "website builder" service, and cannot be used to host other CMS platforms.